Fathers Day Adventure Weekend
June 15 @ 6:00 PM - June 17 @ 1:00 PM
Join us for a weekend of making memories on our pop-up campsite, offline and outdoors surrounded by a lake and beautiful woodland.
Arriving on Friday evening you will be welcomed by our friendly team who will show you your pre-pitched tent and on-site facilities.
We will start with an icebreaker to allow you to get to know other families who form our weekend tribe!
Traditional Campfire Scouse will be served followed by a social gathering around the campfire.
Saturday, we will be joined by Presenter of ‘The Food Life’ cookery show (Made TV), owner of Baytree Catering and teacher at Food4Foodies, Michelle O’Dwyer who will deliver a masterclass in campfire cooking with lots of ‘hands on opportunities’ to get involved plus recipe guides to take away and try at home this will all be followed by a campfire banquet and evening BBQ.
Sunday, spend Father’s Day making memories at our bushcraft and survival day. Led by the legendary Ged from The Wild Air Adventures, you will learn how to make willow stars, light a campfire, build shelters and develop survival techniques.
What we provide;
- Pre-pitched tent: (large family tent 6man+, tipi or canvas bell tent or similar.
- Sleeping bags (children and adults over the age of 6)
- Air beds (either single or Dbl) with inflatable pillow
- Family Pack – consisting of cups, glasses, cutlery, mess tins, bowls, eco washing up liquid and hand sanitizer, to be returned cleaned at the end of the weekend
- Tables (6ft) for eating and meal prep
- Camping chairs
- Kitchen Tent – fitted with small fridge, icebox, water urn, first aid kit, camping stoves.
- 2 x campfire (for cooking/social gathering and heating)
- Unlimited tea, coffee, drinking water and juice
- Expert Tutors who are fully qualified, experienced, insured and DBS checked.
- WC/Shower facilities, on site shop, bar and cafe within 5-minute walk of site
- Pre-joining information (issued within 2 weeks of event)
- 1 on-site steward who will remain onsite for the duration of the weekend.
What we don’t provide
- Hard standing
- Waiter service
- Lockable storage/safe
- Washing facilities (clothes)
- Electricity/charging stations etc
What you need to bring
- Refillable water bottles
- Own pillow (if preferred)
- additional torches (if preferred)
- Phone battery charging unit
- Shorts/swimming costume
- insect repellent
- waterproof clothing
Free time is allocated, enabling you and your family to explore the Leisure Lakes resort facilities or the wider area. Southport is just a 10-minute drive away with attractions including
- Martin Mere
- Southport Beach
- Victoria Park
- Formby Squirrel Reserve
- Farmer Teds
On-site facilities include;
- Small beach/paddling
- Cycle paths and tours
- Play area (park)
- We reserve the right to not provide refunds, as a not for profit organisation.
- The only exception to this is if the event is cancelled due to minimum booking numbers. A full refund will be provided.
- Regrettably the site is not suitable for those with limited mobility.
- Evening meals provided, cooking facilities are available for you to prepare breakfast, packed lunches and snacks for your family.
- We will provide a minimum of 1 tutor led activity per day. This activity will vary from between 2-6 hours in duration.
- Tickets are based on 2 adults and 2 children (siblings) under the age of 16 sharing a tent
- Additional child places (siblings only) are available at additional cost
- Additional tents can be provided for teenagers wishing to be independent with additional privacy of their own tent. This is available at a charge of £7.50 per night.
- Tickets are allocated on a first come, first served basis and we can only accommodate a maximum of 10 families on this site.
If you have any queries regarding this event, please contact the team before booking.